Age & ID
Is there an age restriction at Clwb Ifor Bach?
- The age restriction for live events can vary; you can find out the restriction of a particular event on our listings page. Occasionally there may be conflicting information on other artist, promoter or ticketing websites; on these occasions, the info on our listings page is correct. All clubnights are 18+.
What forms of ID do you accept?
- Every customer may be requested to provide valid ID on entry or at the bar, so we advise that all customers bring an accepted form of ID. We accept the following;
- In date passports
- Photo driving licenses
- ID cards showing the PASS hologram
Any forms of identification without a photo, or students cards, will not be accepted. We do not, under any circumstance, accept photos of identification documents.
Where can I buy tickets?
- Our primary ticket outlet is Ticketweb. There are links to ticket websites on each individual show listing on our website. We cannot sell tickets over the phone, and we don’t have a daytime box office at the venue.
Can I buy tickets on the door?
- You can buy tickets on the door as long as the show hasn’t sold out beforehand. If a show has sold out, it will be listed as such on the listings page.
How can I get a ticket when the event has sold out?
- Some ticket outlets have waiting lists, which you can get on in case any ticket holders wish to return their tickets before the show.
Do I need to print my tickets?
- If you have an e-ticket with a QR code, then as long as you can present this on a mobile to be scanned by door staff then you don’t need to print your tickets. If the ticket site has sent you physical tickets, please bring these with you.
What do I do if I’ve lost my tickets?
- If you’ve been sent physical tickets and you’ve lost or not received them, please contact the ticket vendor to arrange duplicates.
Can I give my ticket to a friend if I can’t make the show?
- If you’ve purchased tickets on Dice then you can transfer them to a friend via the app. For all other tickets, you’ll need to write a letter of authorisation allowing the venue to release your tickets to you friend, in this case please make sure the person collecting the tickets brings with them valid ID.
I can no longer make an event, can I get a refund?
- We regret that we cannot exchange, refund, transfer or return tickets unless the event has been significantly changed (Venue, date etc). If the event has sold out, you may be able to release your tickets to the waiting list dependant on the ticket site the tickets were purchased from.
The event got cancelled, how can I get a ticket refund?
- As soon as an event is officially cancelled, the ticket agency will contact you via the details you gave when booking your tickets, and explain what happens next. If the show is rescheduled you will be given the choice of attending the rescheduled event, or getting a refund. Please note that this process is done via the ticket agents and not the venue.
Door Policy and Dress Code
Do you have a dress code?
- We don’t have a dress code, come as you are! (Yes, you can wear trainers).
Will I get searched on the door?
- Yes, you may be subjected to a bag and personal items check on the door. Any illegal substances, liquids (including water), and anything that may be dangerous (including aerosols) will be confiscated. Non-dangerous and legal substances can be held and returned at the end of the night.
What is your stance on drugs?
- We have a zero tolerance policy on drugs. If you are found in possession when entering the club they will be confiscated and passed on to the police. If you are found taking drugs inside the venue you will be removed and may be issued a ban (at the discretion of the General Manager). If you are found selling or giving out drugs then you will be detained and the police will be called immediately. If you are suspected to be under the influence of illegal drugs whilst inside the venue you will be removed, this is for your own safety as well as the safety of other event goers and members of staff. We advise that drinks are not left unattended, any that are will be disposed of.
Cloakroom and Lost Property
Do you have a cloakroom?
- Yes - however it may not always be open. Please check in advance if you require the cloakroom. It is usually open for clubnights, but this can change at short notice. The price is £1 per item. Clwb does not take any responsibility for any items checked into the cloakroom.
I lost something in your venue, what should I do?
- Please phone Clwb on 02920232199, following the options for Lost Property. You will be directed to an answerphone, please leave a message with your contact details, description of the item(s) lost and the date you were in the venue. A member of the team will be in contact with you. Please note that messages are not checked over the weekend.
Can I bring my own camera?
- Yes, you can bring a non-professional camera to our shows.
Payment Facilities and Re-Entry
Can I pay by card?
- You can pay by card on the door for all shows that are promoted by Clwb Ifor Bach. For externally promoted shows, door entry will be cash only. To find out who’s promoting a particular event, please refer to the listings page. We accept card payments on all bars. Please note we do not currently accept American Express.
Do you do student discount?
- All clubnights hosted by Clwb have a discounted student entry price. You will need to provide a valid student ID card or NUS card. Unidays is not accepted. Please check on facebook event pages for nights hosted by external promoters.
If I leave, can I re-enter?
- The re-entry policy is show specific, so please check with door staff before you leave.
I lost my photobooth picture, can I get a copy?
- All of our photos from the photobooth are uploaded onto Clwb’s facebook page during the week following the event
Someone took my picture; where can I find it?
- If one of our photographers took your photo then it will be uploaded onto the event facebook page in the days following the event
Do you need to speak Welsh to come in?
- This hasn’t been the case for well over 15 years now; we are an inclusive venue, everyone is welcome no matter what language you speak.
Where can I find set times?
- We usually don’t find out set times until late in the afternoon of a show, however the listings and facebook event page will provide info on door opening times and show curfews.
Can I book a private booth?
- We don’t have any areas that can be reserved sorry.