Clwb are looking for a new duty manager to join the team
Clwb Ifor Bach is an established grassroots music venue in the heart of Cardiff and is a home for new and emerging artists for over 35 years. We are also one of Cardiff’s leading independent promoters, involved in organising shows across the country, programming live music for events as well as delivering the inner-city multi-venue festival Sŵn Festival.
In April 2021, we launched Clwb Music, an independent music group consisting of a record label, management team and publishing company with the aim of developing and collaborating with artists from Wales.
We are currently looking for an experienced Duty Manager to join our venue team.
Email email@example.com with your CV and cover letter to apply.
Application deadline: 5pm, Friday, 29th of April
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: depending on experience
- On the night venue and staff management
- Maintain key relationships with front of house, reps, tour managers and SIA
- Incident reporting and exercising due diligence in line with venue standard operation procedures, licensing objectives and Covid compliance.
- Stock and wastage control
- Reconciliation of the end of night take with relevant till receipts; reports and returns
- Provision of a high level of customer service and the ability to constructively troubleshoot and resolve problems
Cellar & Back of House:
- Dray deliveries, stock management and line cleaning.
- Regular back bar / cellar cleaning to ensure high standard of hygiene is maintained throughout.
- Undertake regular cleans of the cloakroom, and keep on top of any lost property
- Recruit, train and schedule bar
- Schedule SIA staff
- Manage and update till management system
- Regular stock checks
- Good organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Experience of leading and managing a team
- Ability to work flexible hours; mainly evenings / late nights and weekends
- Personal License
- Previous experience of working in a live music or night time economy environment and a knowledge of venue operations
- Passion for live music and a basic knowledge of trends within the sector
- Experience in working on safe spaces schemes (e.g. Good Night Out, Women’s safety charter)
- A good knowledge of stock management and cost control measures
- First aid qualified
- Free gigs!
- Office based in the city centre
- A highly sociable work environment and culture
- Regular opportunities for training and development